Search This Blog

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Fitted Diaper Blitz!

I have started myself on a bit of a kick... buying fitted diapers! It all started with one from Cloth Couture. It was so soft, squishy and luxurious (not to mention great for overnights) that I had to find more!
I had tried fitteds before, my introduction to cloth diaper kit contained a Kissluvs fitted that I wasn't crazy about, and I had bought a few Thirsties that I liked, but not as much as my AIOs... so, I gave up on fitteds for a little while. I bought the one from Cloth Couture to support Alison (the woman who makes them) and out of curiosity (because others had such great things to say about them), never thinking it was going to lead to an obsession!
The next "nail in the coffin" was hearing about Bagshot Row Bamboo fitteds, I was told that they are very popular and impossible to get your hands on. I love a challenge so I checked them out and HAD to have one! I was able to buy one at the next stocking (just recieved it today actually) and can't wait to try it (although I am a bit intimidated but having to use a Snappi)! I was on a buyers high from getting in on the BSRB diaper and started cruising the diaper sites and Etsy, looking for more to buy!
I decided on:
1) Natural Sustainablebabyish in Medium
1) GoodMamas
2)WAHM made fitteds from Etsy
and added in a very cute used "Nemo" fitted (I think it is a Mutt) because my older kids begged me to get it.
That brings my fitted total up to 7, one for every night of the week. Which (of course) meant that I had to buy more covers!! I will be trying out my new Thirsties Duo covers tonight. I just adore Thirsties covers, they are so thin and easy to use, I think that they are just about perfect!
I am considering selling off all of my pockets and buying even more Sustainablebabyish fitteds to use during the day (they might be my favorites of all my new purchases).
I do wish that I liked the GoodMama more, but for the price, I have to say I expected a bit more... I don't know if the one I got is slightly defective, but the insert gets very crinkled up and is hard to get flat again.

No comments:

Post a Comment